Hani Khouri of Redland Mediterranean Organics and Sous Chef 2 Go announce the start of their cooking classes at Sous Chef 2 Go location in the Greenery Mall in Kendall.
The first series of three classes begins on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. The objective of the classes is to: increase cooking skills, develop a healthier lifestyle, and learn to budget food better. You will also enjoy the fruits of your labor!
The fees for the series include all class ingredients and food. Wine and other beverages will be provided and are included in the cost. Series fee: $400. Book early, as each series is limited to 10 people.
Make your reservations online at Sous Chef 2 Go then click on 1st 2010 Cooking Classes, or register in person at the store. Hours are Monday – Saturday 9 am – 8 pm.
Cooking Basics (2 sessions)
Basic cooking utensils
1) Measuring cups/spoons, timer, thermometer, strainer, pastry brushes
2) Mixing bowl/mixing spoon, wire whisk, rubber scraper, spatula, tongs,
3) Rolling pin, paring knife, French knife, turner, cutting board,
Basic cooking terminology
1) Boil, beat, chop, core, cream, cut in, fold, grate, grease, knead
2) Pare, sauté, simmer, stir, toss
Tricks of the trade-substitutions
1) Allspice, baking powder, honey, milk, sugar
2) Spices, herbs
1) Personal hygiene
2) Adequate temperature control
3) Cross contamination
4) Proper final cooking temperature
Food Preparation (2 sessions)
1) What is organic?
2) Where and how to buy
3) Meal preparation
Mediterranean culinary basics
1) Salads – tabouleh, fattoush
2) Dips – hommos, baba ghanouj
3) Grape leaves, kibbeh
Sous Chef 2 Go, “Recipe in a bag” demonstrations
Fresh falafel making
Sous Chef 2 Go
7758 SW 88 St.
Miami, FL, 33156
305.595.8010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Full Post »